If you’ve been a follower of my blog since the beginning, you’ll know that my boys are particularly talented with their toileting. I’ve tried many different products, including nappies, wipes, creams and nappysacks, in an effort to keep the mess to a minimum. Needless to say, when approached about writing a review of Huggies Baby Wipes I felt like it was right up my alley as they are a brand I’ve come to love.
What I love about Huggies Baby Wipes:
1) They are soft yet THICK! Super-thick infact. I have found this thickness to have several benefits:
– Yucky stuff doesn’t leak through the wipe,
– They gently remove lots of yuck in every wipe, and
– You can fold the wipe, rather than it naturally ‘scrunching’ because its so thin which I’ve found with some other brands of wipes. (If you’re a ‘folder’ and not a ‘scruncher’ like me, then you’ll really appreciate this!!) I’ve found this way I can get more wipes of the bottom out of every Huggies wipe and use less wipes overall – normally only one per nappy change.
2) They have just the right amount of moistness. The wipes are moist enough that you can get the yuck off your baby’s bottom, but not so moist that your baby’s bottom is left all wet and more likely to end up with nappy rash.
3) Their quality saves both $$ and the environment – because of they’re great quality I find I use less wipes for every nappy-change. Normally I can use just one Huggies wipe per nappy change, because of their ability to gently remove so much with every wipe. If I use more than one wipe, I know it’s been a real stinker of a dirty nappy!
4) Variety in pack types. There is a pop-up tub (pictured above), designed to be used with one hand, leaving the other hand for holding baby. There are then a variety of refill packs (80, 160 or 240) to refill either the pop-up tup or hard-case travel pack (as pictured). I LOVE this becaues its handy to throw the travel packs in your nappybag/handbag/car, but have the refillable tub at home.
5) The fragrances. Whilst the fragrance-free variety is great for using on hands and spills, I find both the Shea Butter and Cucumber & Aloe fragrances to be refreshing at nappy change time (though I think Cucumber & Aloe is my new favourite!).
6) They are useful for more than just nappy-changes. Whilst I have my refillable tub of Huggies Wipes at the change table, I also use Huggies wipes around the house and when we are out. We use them for sticky fingers, cleaning up spills on the floor, wiping baby vomit off our clothes and even cleaning the paint off my baby’s foot when we do his footprint! As well as carrying a travel pack in our nappybag, I also keep a travel packet in my car glove box, which has come in handy for spills in the car, cleaning messy fingers or when we accidentally run out in the nappy bag!
For more information you can checkout the Huggies Website, which has a section on their website all about their baby wipes. It includes detailed information on the product range, including pack sizes, FAQ and features of the wipes, such as how they are pH balanced, alcohol/soap free and endorsed by the Australian College of Midwives.
You can also go to the Huggies website to find creative ways to reuse Huggies wipes tubs around the house.
Huggies have kindly donated 1 Cucumber and Aloe 240 Refill Pack of Huggies Wipes as a prize for one reader, so you can give them a try yourself! The giveaway will be open until 15th of February, 2012. There is 1 mandatory entry, and then an additional 4 optional entries for those who want to go a step further! Goodluck xx
Open to Australian residents only. Winner will be randomly drawn by Rafflecopter.I will post the winner’s name on the blog as well as email the winner to notify them. They will have one (1) week to email me their Australian postal address, or I will redraw.
This giveaway is over, and was won by….
Extra stuff: I was not paid to write this review, but was given a sample of Huggies wipes to try. All opinions expressed are my own.
Hosted by Three Lil Princesses